Monday, October 10, 2011

Oct 8th - Duluth, Friends, Biking, and more

Woke up in Duluth today with no schedule and it was amazing. Met up with my friend Ilsa and her cat Pumpkin and went to meet Dessa of Doomtree at the Electric Fetus. I then was able to get in about 3 hours of mountain biking in Hartley . Full review of the trail over at the fastcrusade.com. After biking I was able to continue getting everything I can out of my tuition at UMD by getting a free sauna and shower. Then the night really started, since Jena was having a girl's day/night with her sister's and mom I enlisted our friend Anna to tear around Duluth with. Our friend Steph was having a house warming party so we made our way over and there was a ton of people there who brought wonderful food and good conversation to the table. Next we made our way to the Ochre Ghost Gallery on 2nd Ave E. for my friend Liv's show which was fantastic - check out more of her stuff over at www.livaanrud.com. I was really excited to finally be able to see the gallery in person due to it opening after I left Duluth and there was so many amazing people there including Mr. Alvern himself (which meant there was 2/3rds of the fastcrusade was there). There will be a more in depth look at the gallery coming soon so stay tuned. After the show we made our way down to Luce for the Dirty Horse show. These guys are a good group of guys making some nice musics for our ears - they did a video for our friend Trent's project a while back which if you go to this link - northshoresessions.com you can see/hear them play. All in all a wonderful day in Duluth, I was so glad to get to see so many familiar faces.