Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Oct. 3rd - Cleanly Organization.

Woke up early today with a goal to get the car unloaded and cleaned. Jena ended up doing the vacuuming and wiped down the inside of the Prius. She even used a toothbrush to get out some of the seriously grimey crevices. I on the other hand had some Irish coffee and got down to the planning and organization of our gear - what we are and aren't going to need/want with us in the coming months. We ended up making our goal and more - the car is immaculate and everything is organized and ready to go for the frame tomorrow. Plus, I was able to work out a way to open up the back door of the Prius from within the car.
After we finished working for the day Jena, my Dad, and I packed up his car and headed to Hartman Creek State Park for some mountain biking. I have fond memories of Hartman Creek camping and fishing with buddies but hadn't gone mountain biking there yet due to the trails being so new. They turned out to be great, average skill level but there was some great open sections where you could really go all out and really pick up some speed before getting back into the trees. This was Jena's first time out in the trails. She did great and had a blast, which is awesome because I hope I can get her out there more and more. After biking my parents, brother, Jena, and I cooked dinner and invited our friends Paul and Mary and Mark and Ellen (parents of Mangolandia's Jackson). Dinner was great even with a hazelnut half and half snafu in our corn chowder.
My camera's card ended up being corrupted and most of the photos for the day turned out like the one above. Hopefully we can get that working correctly by tomorrow!