Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Oct. 4th - Getting Creative


Today was another productive day for us! Morgan was able to get the bed frame planned out and mostly put in(as described in the previous post).We ended up taking out the back seats to make more storage space. Now there should be enough room to put our front bike wheels under our bed. Before, we thought we would have to just leave them on the bed area during the day and then move them to the front seat while sleeping. The new plan will be much more convenient.  
While Morgan was busy doing that, I worked on my earring holder made out of a t-shirt and mosquito netting. The earring holder(not quite as important to the trip as the bed) sounded simple, but by the end of the day I was nearly as frustrated as Morgan was with his more complicated project. This is probably because I have only sewn a handful of times in my life and I tend to come up with ideas that are beyond my ability to execute. Oh well! In the end it worked out just fine. Not quite as beautiful as the image in my head, but hopefully still useful. 
The day concluded with a whirlwind of things - first over to Morgan's aunt's house to help move a water heater tank out. We then went mountain biking again at Hartman Creek (review over at the fastcrusade.com) which was even more enjoyable today due to my comfort levels. After biking we headed back to shoot guns(I shot my first shotgun) and then watched the Brewers - Wisco to the fullest. I have had to become a Brewer's fan in the last couple days due to Morgan's dad(Tom) being a big fan. I'm still a Twins fan at heart though! Tomorrow's goals include finishing the frame, getting the bed in, road biking, and making good food.