Thursday, October 6, 2011

Oct. 6th - Superhumans and Library Cards.


Whirlwind relaxation could describe this day. I on the other hand will only describe it as the day I became a superhuman. Yep, you heard me. I received 5 immunization shots in my body and I'm now officially a superhuman specimen immune to disease (except of course the zombie outbreak). We also got the Prius in to get checked out as well and she came back excelente (practicing for Ecuador). Before taking the Prius in, we were able to go to the library and check out a stack(yes, a stack) of books on CD for our travels. Two of which are going to help improve our español. Afterwards, we headed on over to our friend Denise's restaurant, Cafe 27 which makes amazing pastries, breakfasts, and lunches. Once we dropped off the car, Jena and I went on a bike ride to fill our prescriptions for travel medicines, which involved a hilarious Pharmacologist who couldn't wrap his mind around our travels. Next, we stopped by the Hostel Shoppe: a nice bike/snowboard shop in Stevens Point where a couple old friends work. There we bought Jena a new saddle and some bar tape for her Motobecane. Our bike ride finished down a gravel path with a beer in one hand... perfection if you ask me. To end the day, Nancy came over for a delicious dinner of mashed potatoes, steamed cabbage and carrots, venison tenderloin(for everyone but myself) and a few Central Waters beers.
After dinner hokum game.