Monday, January 2, 2012

We Made a Book.


With all the photos we took from the trip just sitting in a computer screen we decided to let the best out of the screen and into reality via Christmas presents. One of the presents we put together was a book of which documented the trip from the beginning to the end via photos for my mother. I decided I really wanted to learn how to bind my own hard cover book and although we didn't have that much time the book came out a little rough but since it was documenting our trip I though "roughing" it's design was more then fitting. Anyhoo, we used canvas from our shoe storage, pages from our road atlas (which Hank may or may not have put out of its misery), and our leftover vinyl decals to complete the book. The pages were made from BFK Rives and bound together in sets of three. All in all the book came together and seems to be holding up so I'm hoping to do some more books in the future.