Monday, December 19, 2011

The Week in Review.


We arrived at my parent's place a week ago now and have been busy. So far we have written personal statements, photographed artwork, sold artwork, arranged gallery shows, bought/made Christmas gifts, written reviews, gone to a play, eaten amazing food, had wonderful conversations, cleaned, organized, biked, snowboarded, ran, slept (in a bed), and the list goes on. I will try to put more detail into the last couple lines, sorry about the lack of photos we've been busy. Anyhoo, here goes. The day after we arrived we tore the car back to normal and took Hank to the vet for a check-up and shots.

The next day I went snowboarding for 7 hours (in the rain) up at Rib Mountain in Wausau with a bunch of old friends: so much fun. Thursday we ran errands and then went to the American Players Theatre in Spring Green to see The Gift of the Magi which was fantastic. Friday we went back to Cafe 27 to enjoy Tom and Denise's amazing food before heading to the library and Stevens Point Co-op. After errands we made our way to the Central Waters Brewery in Amherst to have a beer. It turned out that it was the Amherst teacher's Christmas party and so I was able to drink a beer and mingle with a bunch of my favorite teachers from 1st grade to graduation (although there were some notable holes in the list).
Saturday and Sunday involved a ton of cleaning and re-organizing of my parent's garages and rooms. My payment to them for letting us stay there (although I'm not too sure how happy my Mom was about me cleaning). Sunday night involved great friends, delicious food, and fun conversations.
Yesterday was a ton of Christmas errands - fun but it sure doesn't feel quite like Christmas when the temps are above freezing and the grass is still green. Well, until next week, we wish you all the best for the Holidays!