Thursday, March 22, 2012

New Boots!

On the second to last day we were in Quito with Jax and Caye they mentioned that there was a custom leather boot shop which Jax had just purchased some hiking boots from and the prices were reasonable. Being the leather boot connoisseur that I am I couldn't pass up the chance just to check it out. So we went there and i realized I could get any type of boot and in any color for 120 dollars. That is when the gears in my head started turning, realizing that I wouldn't be able to find a deal this good with all the customizing I want anywhere else. Also the woman who owned the shop was fantastic (although I was very happy to have Caye there to translate) and to me meeting the person making the shoes made it even better. After a fitting and a look through the shop at what she had already done I decided on my design. My design was as follows: six inch cap toe boot, matte black leather, heel-pull tab, straight-lace system, natural wood sole, rubberized heel and toe, and stitching which matched the wood sole. They turned out so amazing although they are still in Ecuador right now so I haven't been able to wear them yet. But for my enjoyment and yours Caye took some photos (which of course are amazing).