Sunday, November 13, 2011

Nov. 13th - Biking and Swimming - What could be better?

 Today started like any other day. We woke up. Then we hung out with Devin's roommates while eating a breakfast of pizza and applesauce before a bunch of us decided to bike out to a lighthouse. It took a little bit for such a big group of us to get organized but once we were we had a wonderful seven mile ride out to the lighthouse including some honks and a couple of directional mishaps. But once we arrived at the Sound it was amazing. The park was already setting up for Christmas with a bunch of big light decorations dotting the landscape.
 I don't know what it was; the beautiful water, the sandy beach, or the sea breeze blowing in my face but I decided I had to go for a swim. Devin joined in as well and I don't know if I would call what we did swimming but we took a couple paddles and waded around until our legs went numb and then used the swingset to dry off. After we dried off as much as possible we headed back to our bikes and the roads. We ended the ride across the street from Devin's at a nice little corner deli with some delicious sandwiches and our first Eggnog of the year.

We are now just finishing up packing and about to get back on the road to Vermont to pick up my shoes before we head for warmer climates.